Friday, April 29, 2011

Chapter 3 Response

In chapter 3, the book now discusses the more intricate part of digital technology. I think it is very interesting how technology has evolved from the dawn of time. Before text was for documents. Text and data has evolved into a medium of art. Who ever thought that something so simple as text would be considered art? I am sure no one could fathom the thought of it 50 years ago. I think it is entertaining that anything and everything can be considered art.

Another part of this chapter that I thought was interesting was the fact that the world has evolved enough to begin making artificial intelligence. So far AI has not evolved as drastically as shown in some of our favorite sci-fi movies, but I believe that one day our technology will break through that evolution. Hopefully, our earth will not decompose like in Wall-e and hopefully robots wont try and take over our world in IRobot. Whatever happens with technology, I hope the world is prepared for the things that we created.

1 comment: