Thursday, February 10, 2011

Monster Hearse - Project 1





My concept surrounds the idea that photography sells items. In this case, I wanted to present a vehicle advertisement as my overall concept. In the beginning, I wanted to take the 3 competing vehicles: Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, and Dodge Challenger and revamp them into one car. However, I was having some serious issues finding pictures that were not only royalty-free but pictures that had the same perspective. So I decided I would go to the dealerships and take my own pictures of the cars. Of course this came to a halt when the snow storm hit last week. So I almost threw out the entire idea all together.  

After almost an entire week, I decided to pick up the same concept and use pictures that I already had. I used my friend’s Bucket T as the basis of the entire car. I chose it because of the front end or the engine. I really like how you can see all of the parts of the engine. I then figured that it would be easier to build a truck off of the Bucket T chassis. I used a picture of our 1926 Model T and a picture of our 1966 Chevy Pickup. Both the Model T and pickup are facing to the left in their original pictures. I had to flip them horizontally, in order to get the correct perspective and to fit onto the Bucket T chassis. 

The overall techniques/tools that I used to complete my masterpiece are the lasso tool, the fill tool, gradient tool, burn tool, magic wand tool, text tool and the quick selection tools. All I did was select the pieces of each vehicle that I wanted and used the quick selection tool to separate it from the rest of the body. I found that it was easier to use the quick selection tool rather than the lasso tool because it wasn’t as time consuming. After the selection of the items, I placed each piece on the Bucket T to my liking. After the pieces were in place, I then re-colored the pickup box somewhat to match the cab of the Model T. I also made the sky darker to give it more of a darker feel especially since my vehicle came out to something similar to the Munster Hearse from the Munster’s TV show. I didn’t actually have a look in mind, but it is somehow interesting how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment